Objectives and Board of Trustees
The Barenboim-Said Public Andalusian Foundation is an organization of the Andalusian public sector attached to the Ministry of Tourism, Cultura and Sports of the Regional Government of Andalusia.
Since its establishment on July 27th, 2004, the Barenboim-Said Foundation is guided by a series of principles which represent the soul of the institution. The Foundation’s objectives are as follows:
- To promote the spirit of peace, dialogue and reconciliation through music. The history of the peaceful coexistence of different cultures over the centuries in Andalusia is a central feature.
- To promote formative activity in the field of music, always pursuing the objective of an integral humanistic education.
- To elaborate, promote and implement formative and co–operation projects in Andalusia, the Palestinian Territories and other Middle Eastern countries.
- To promote music experimentation, training and research.
- To promote the exchange of information related to human rights, fight against racism and xenophobia by guaranteeing respect to diversity and pluralism.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Board of Trustees is the Foundation’s first government body, and it guarantees an efficient and organized management. The members of the Board of Trustees are designated by the Regional Government of Andalusia and by the project’s founders.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the Foundation’s correct functioning. It is the Board’s duty to comply with the Foundation’s objectives and to manage diligently its resources and rights. As stated in the Foundation’s Bylaws, the post of Trustee is unremunerated.
- Mr. Juan Manuel Moreno Bonilla. President of the Junta de Andalucía (Regional Government of Andalusia).
- Mrs. Mariam C. Said.
The following members of the Junta de Andalucía are trustees of the Barenboim-Said Foundation’s Board:
Board of Trustees:
- Mr. Arturo Bernal Bergua, Regional Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sports for the Junta de Andalucía.
- Mr. Tomás Burgos Gallego, Regional Vice-minister of the Presidency, Interior, Social Dialogue and Administrative Simplification for the Junta de Andalucía.
- Mr. Víctor Manuel González García, Regional Vice-minister of Tourism, Culture and Sports for the Junta de Andalucía.
- Mr. José Enrique Millo Rocher. Secretary General of Foreign Action, European Union and Cooperation.
- Mr. Salomón Castiel Abecasis. Secretary General for Culture.
- Mr. Eugenio Benítez Montero, Technical Secretary General of the Regional Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sports for the Junta de Andalucía.
The Board of Trustees is also integrated by the following members:
- Mr. Daniel Barenboim Schuster. Orchestra conductor and pianist.
- Mrs. Mariam C. Said. Widow of Mr. Edward W. Said.
- Mr. Bernardino León Gross. General Director of the Emirates Diplomatic Academy.
- Mr. Saleem Ashkar. Pianist.
- Mrs. Elena Baschkirowa Barenboim. Pianist.
- Mr. Mustafa Barghouti. Secretary General of the Palestinian National Initiative.
- Mr. Tabaré Perlas Fontana. CEO of the Daniel Barenboim Stiftung
Secretary of the Board of Trustees:
- Mr. Juan Fernández Pantoja.